I recently spent a morning with the lovely, talented and incredibly inspiring Louise Olsen.
Her story is indeed well know to many – designer, artist and creative director of Dinosaur Designs, partner (in both life and business) to Stephen Ormandy, sister to gallery owner Tim Olsen and daughter of much loved Australian artists, John Olsen and Valerie Strong.
As you’d imagine, her home is a wondrous reflection of this creative world that surrounds her. Set high amongst the leafy treetops overlooking Sydney’s Bronte Beach, it is filled with light, art and so many magical colours.
And her wardrobe is of course a natural extension of this – a fantastic collection of pieces that are equal parts whimsical, curious and a little experimental, imparting a wonderfully colourful yet calm self assuredness all of her own.
Want to take a little peek inside her home too?
Follow the link below for the interview and all the pics…
5 words to describe my style are… colourful, boyish, elegant, classic and artful.
My go-to outfit is… shirts, t-shirts and jeans. Working in the studio can be quite messy, especially when you’re surrounded with clay, paint and resin. As a designer, my job is very hands on.
On the top of my wish list is… always works of art and books.
The best (fashion) lesson I’ve learnt… is quality over quantity. Choose well and buy less.
My most recent fashion purchase is… I’ve just returned from New York – we have a store there and also London, so there have been a few recent purchases I couldn’t resist! One of my favourites was an elegant and very sculptural blouse from Chloe.
I keep buying more… shirts and jeans.
I need more… flat shoes.
I wish I’d never bought… pieces that I didn’t try on before buying. Fit is everything, it’s all in the detail.
If I could only keep 3 things in my wardrobe, they would be… an Equipment shirt, jeans and Dinosaur Designs jewellery.
I always feel happy when I wear… comfortable but beautiful clothes made with care and love. You can feel the difference.
Any outfit looks better with… jewellery, it gives an outfit a magical touch.
1. Vitra Akari UF3-Q Floor Lamp, £643.33
2. Miu Miu sunglasses, $285.99
3. Jonathan Adler ‘Salvador’ vase, $98
4. Nudie Jeans Co ‘Tight Long John’ jeans, $259.00
5. Dinosaur Designs ‘Vanilla Pod’ pendant on chain, $195
6. Dinosaur Designs brass ‘Rhythm’ bangle, $280
7. Dinosaur Designs ‘Closed Sprout’ bangle, $240
8. Dinosaur Designs resin ‘Sheild’ bangle, $75
9. Dinosaur Designs 24ct gold-dipped ‘Vanilla Pod’ bangle, $336
10. Saint Laurent ‘Paris’ pumps, $714.32
11. Stephen Ormandy ‘Table Landscape’, $1100
12. Chloé ruffled blouse, $1647.26